Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Makeup Favorites

Hello again, 

Today I'm sharing some of my fave makeup products with you guys!

Before I start, let me say I'm usually not very adventurous when it comes to my makeup. For years, I was stuck on a retro/pinup look, and I wouldn't do my eye makeup without lining my upper lid with liquid liner. My life is a bit hectic these days, and I have no time to create a perfect cat eye on a daily basis. So I've settled into this 5 minute makeup look.

This lovely palette by Tarte inspired me to write this post. Behold...ALL. THE. GLITTER. Keep reading to see what's inside....

First, I use Elf BB Creme. It's very inexpensive, and goes on a bit thick at first because of the sunscreen. But once it soaks into my skin, it's perfect. 

Next, I use Make-Up Forever's Full Cover Concealer. It's one of the few concealers that will disguise my dark under eye circles AND doesn't settle into my wrinkles. 

To set my look and even out my skin, I use NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat. On it's own, it's not quite the coverage I'm looking for, but with BB cream it is perfect. 

I usually use whatever light bronzer I have lying around to do a light contour under my cheekbone. I found this Lorac bronzer at TJMaxx and it works great. 

For blush, I use this Wet n Wild Coloricon blush in Pink. My package is currently broken to bits, so I'm using a stock photo, lol. It's a beautiful, pinky peach with a bit of shimmer. 

Speaking of Wet n Wild, I'm digging these cheap little makeup brushes I found at Five Below. 

Soooooo... here is the inside of that lovely Tarte pallete. It is named Love, Trust, & Fairy Dust. I purchased it online from Sephora as a birthday gift to myself. The colors I use the most are Giggle, Whimsical, Flitter, and Gossamer. It's not a glitter explosion as the packaging might suggest. I find these colors very wearable, and romantic. 

I have non existent eyelashes, and have a tough time finding a rad mascara. Soap and Glory's Thick & Fast Extensions Effect Mascara was my favorite until I discovered Thrive's mascara via a Facebook Ad. I know, it's lame as hell, but I'm a sucker for a good Facebook Ad. Thrive mascara doesn't smear or run in the Florida heat and humidity. It is a buildable mascara with little fibers to make your lashes look awesome. 

I like to give my brows a bit of definition and color, and NYX's Tinted Brow Mascara in Brunette works well for me. 

Finally, onto lipstick. I don't have time for lipstick touch ups during the day, so I like a rosey liquid lip that I can put on and forget about. I've been using Sephora's Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick, and it works well for me. But, I have read that not all Sephora brand products are all cruelty-free, and I am working on moving all of my beauty products in that direction. So, I will be on the hunt for another great liquid lipstick. 
The first swatch is Vintage Rosewood, the second is Marvelous Mauve. 

Last, but certainly not least, is this NYX Setting spray. It works as well, if not better, than the more expensive brands.

Well, here are a couple of pictures of my mug with a full face of the above makeup. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Adrienne 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hair care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hair care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)