Wednesday, September 12, 2018

My Hero: Myrtle Snow

Since I was a little girl, I have looked up to strong and charismatic female characters in books, film, music, and TV. In celebration of the return of American Horror Story tonight (and that it's a Murder House/Coven crossover!!), I'm dedicating this post to one of my all time favorite characters, Myrtle Snow. 

Myrtle is one of the elder witches in American Horror Story Season 3: Coven, and is played to perfection by Frances Conroy. She is a fashion obsessed badass. She has a gentle, elegant demeanor, but she is never afraid to speak her mind. She wants the best for the young witches at Miss Robichaux's Academy, and for Cordelia, who she knows would make the best Supreme. Plus, she has some of the best one liners in the entire show. 

I was nearing my 40s when I first watched Coven. What struck me is how amazing the "mature" ladies of the show were. How cool, how fashionable, how fearless....damn, they were something to aspire to! Sadly, complex, older female characters are rarities on American television. Frances Conroy, Jessica Lange,  and Kathy Bates showed me that getting old is actually pretty fierce. 

So, here are a few of my favorite Myrtle gifs, and photos to celebrate this amazing character. I hope that she (somehow) returns to AHS tonight!
I mean, her style is perfection. 
Her eye wear collection!
Her one liners...yasssss!


Have a good one,
Adrienne 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)