Friday, June 1, 2012

Pinup Girl Class

Hello again!

I bet you are wondering, "Who in the heck is this chick?" It's me-after my pinup class with Go-Go Amy and photoshoot with Boudoir Louisville!

As most of you know, I have a deep love of pinup & rockabilly culture. I've been a fan of Go-Go Amy and the Pretty Things Peepshow for a few years now, and was thrilled to see she'd be teaching a pinup class in Louisville, KY. The class took place the same weekend as Beatersville car show, was held at the fabulous Boudoir Louisville studio, and even included a photo session after the class!

Aron and I drove up to Louisville in the morning, and he dropped me off at the studio while he went and checked out local comic shops. We spent the first few hours of the class learning about the history of pinup, trying out makeup techniques, and having our hair done.
 Go-Go Amy with her finished pinup face.
 Makeup time
My finished makeup with my hair in pincurls

After our makeup and hair was complete, we dressed in our best pinup gear, and had a photoshoot with Ryan from Boudoir Louisville. Ryan and his assistant were awesome! I was nervous before the shoot, but they put me completely at ease, and I actually had fun! Here are a few photos from the shoot:

I wore my Heidi dress from Pinup Girl Clothing.

Stay tuned for more good times in Louisville :)
Adrienne

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow - these pictures are amazing. You look stunning!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's awesome. I like the pics with you at the record player.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how fun! And the photos are pin up perfect.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! The class looks so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos!!! what a fun experience to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning and definitely on par with the classic pin-up models. ! What a blast, I bet. I'd love to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool! I would love to take a class like this but my town is so lame, I;'m sure nothing like it exists. In other news, you look white hot in these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah! those shots look amazing! what a cool experience! i feel like i would never be brave enough, but i'd love too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like such a fun day!
    I wish someone here would do something like that...
    Absolutely beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, you look absolutely stunning. I love your hair and your lipstick! It looks like a really fun experience xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adrienne, these photos are BEAUTIFUL!!!! You look so gorgeous in that dress and your makeup is just lovely! I love pin up/ retro makeup looks a LOT! I mean, how can you go wrong with a bold lip and winged eyes?!?!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, what a fun and gorgeous photo shoot. I love the retro pinup vibe. Glad that you had a great time dear.-xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous! I love pin up girl style, and this is so much fun. Awesome pictures, love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like fun! Your photos turned out beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love all the fun props!

    xo
    Kristin
    www.LivingInColorPrint.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)