Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oh 2011....

2011, I wish I could say I hate to see you go, but....well, yea. I don't.

2011 hasn't been the best year in the world for me, but it definitely hasn't been the worse. Had a couple of health issues, some disappointments, and so on....but that's life, eh? I must say I am really looking forward to what 2012 has in store. Besides that pesky apocalypse.

I have a few New Year's Suggestions for myself. Yes, I will deem them Suggestions because the minute I declare them Resolutions, the procrastination will begin :) This is a mix of personal, blog, and business ideas :)

1) Live more in the moment I am a constant worrier, planner, doer. I rarely take the time to stop and smell the proverbial roses. Or real, live roses for that matter. What is the point in success if you haven't enjoyed the journey?

2) Stop looking to others for happiness I have been guilty of this for a good portion of my life.  Yes, much of life's joys come from spending time with friends and loved ones, but you have to find the joy within before you can truly be happy and at peace.

3) Learn to sew/do more crafty things  My friend Tracy said she would teach me to sew, and I might have to take her up on that. My Mom, Grandmother, and Great-Grandmother were all excellent sewers. In fact, they made most of their own clothing. You would think that the sewing knowledge would be passed down via DNA, but no. My Mom tried to teach me to sew when I was a teenager, but I remember being intimidated by the machine and the patterns. Now, I hand sewed/reworked several garments in my youth, but I know a machine is the way to go for most things.

Also, I am determined to be a more crafty individual; hand making gifts instead of buying retail, and so on. I updated my blog a bit, and now have a DIY and Recipes tab under my header. Wheeee!

4) Speaking of blogs, I have a goal to spend more time blogging and reading other blogs. Blogging is something I enjoy immensely, so it makes more sense to spend time doing what I love.

5) Last but not least, improve my health. I do not mean this in an anti-plus size way. Even if I lose 40 pounds I will technically be plus sized. I am mainly looking to improve my health, and get off the high blood pressure medicine I currently have to take. I know that means exercise and eating a better quality food, and less of it. Drat.

I didn't feel up to a fashion recap, but I have added a tab called "Fashion Nuggets" under my header that highlights my favorite 2011 fashion jams :)

So these are my resolutions, errrr suggestions. What are yours?

Our kitty Sebastian says Happy New Year's Eve! And so do I :) Have a happy and safe one. Check back with me on the 2nd for a rad giveaway! There is some Hello Kitty involved, just sayin' :)

Adrienne

4 comments:

  1. Good I like your idea of suggestions :) I made a list of things to do before my B-day and that kinda fell by the wayside :p

    I need to blog more. I just played around with templates to make my blog look more spiffy. I hope to craft some today and remember to take and upload pics of what I do to my blog.

    Can I come join you and Tracy in learning to sew? I have my Granny's sewing machine but I need to get it worked on before it can be used. Something's not catching at the bottom. My goal is to finish some of my cross-stitch pieces into either wall hangings or pillows. Maybe make a quilt. Not sure on ambition yet.

    Also have a reading goal in all of this! And writing.

    I like your being happy with yourself goal but my goal is to hang out with my friends more! I miss you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! I def want to improve my sewing as well & tend to spend too much time on my own blog and now enough looking at others, so that's on my list as well. Def always good to improve your health, I've really found that if I improve the quality of what I'm eating I don't have to eat less, so there's a bit of hope in there hopefully! I gave up gluten over a year ago & stopped eating more empty foods (like bread, pasta, rice, etc) so I guess I was eating less w/out that but it didnt feel like I was depriving myself. Best of luck w/ this all : )

    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like your first two :) We can only be happy if we choose to be and make it happen for ourselves, without comparison.. :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about 2011! I am ready for 2012! Great post! TTYL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)