Sunday, August 21, 2011

"The artificial fascinates me, the bright and shiny"

Aron and I headed to downtown Nashville on Sunday to see the Warhol Live exhibit at The Frist. I wasn't really allowed to take photos inside the exhibit, but I managed to sneak a few. Don't worry, I didn't use the flash :)

warhol8

warhol1

warhol4

warhol 2
I managed to snag a blury pic of the Marilyn. warhol9

warhol 3
Aron and the metallic pillow balloons. warhol7

warhol5

warhl6
The Flying Saucer is next door to The Frist, this is where I will have my birthday gathering in a few weeks. 
I loved the exhibit, and the ability for Warhol's art to make me smile....and to think. His work asked the question-What is art? I feel Warhol's work is art, but some people disagree.....and that is what makes it wonderful :)

The exhibit focused on Warhol's relationship with music and dance. I love The Velvet Unerground, and it was fab to learn more about them and their music.

After The Frist, we went to Sitar for some yum Indian food, and some Ben & Jerrys :)
I leave you with one of my favorite songs. Have a great week!


Adrienne

5 comments:

  1. Aww that looks like a fun time at the Frist! Can't wait for the saucer. I'll not get blueberry beer this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Lucky lucky!
    I love Andy Warhol so much...
    It looked so fun! :)
    I adore your blog, new follower!!! Great pictures as well by the way..

    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like modern art museums. The one in my coty has a big exhibit curated by John Waters, so I'll have to go to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks so awesome. That picture of the two of you is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have gone too!!
    That would be an amazing exibition to see in person.
    Thanks for the sneeky photos :) It's just cruel when they don't allow them without a flash.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)