Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Ocean

I'm not really up for blogging today, especially a light hearted fashion blog. With all of the flooding and devastation in TN, I have not been keeping up with the Gulf oil spill. What I have heard doesn't sound good, this is the most updated info I could find below:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gIXWYBTpLtSayJtg41LKXpxSxVPAD9FH9GN80t

Let me day first that I am a Florida girl. I consider Florida, and in a way all of the coastal states, home. For the majority of my life, the ocean has only been a few miles away. I was raised beside it, and have nothing but respect for it's power and beauty. What I miss most about moving to TN, besides my family and friends, is the ocean. I still can't believe that I can't hop in my car and drive to the beach, even now.

It breaks my heart to think of all the marine life that is perishing due to this disaster. It breaks my heart to think of the fishermen that will lose their livelihood, of beaches that will be ruined, of all the beauty that will die. I think all we can hope for is that it won't be as bad as we anticipate. I hope that this contraption that they are lowering over the oil rig helps, but isn't it a little late? It sounds like so much of the damage is already done.

As you can tell, my heart is heavy today. That's all I've got for today.

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)