Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lips and Keys

Hello Again!

Last week, I took a brief blog break last to fully enjoy our mini Florida vacation! I had a wonderful time, and will be sharing our beach adventures next week. 

Earlier this month, we attended the Black Keys/Flaming Lips concert with Ben and his friend Jay. The concert was a surprise birthday present to Ben from his wife Tracy :)

The show was held at the Bridgestone Arena in downtown Nashville. Both bands rocked the house, hard.
A beer or two before heading over to the arena

Aron and I saw the Flaming Lips back in 2011 at The Ryman. It was a life changing show, full of love and hope, confetti and bear costumes. This time around The Lips played some  new tracks from The Terror, which honestly, is a very depressing album. While they were amazing as always, both Ben and I wished we had heard a few more tunes from Yoshimi and The Soft Bulletin. 
This was my first time seeing The Black Keys live. I was quite impressed, their set was very tight and full of soul.
One of the many things I love about Nashville is the music scene, and all of the rad artists the city attracts. We have seen several fab shows since we moved here in 2010!


 Random, goofy pic of us before we left for the concert.
Thanks for stopping by!
Adrienne 

2 comments:

  1. im so jealous of this concert. I wanted to go! I feel like the magnitude of a lips show gets lost in a big venue though. :( I, too, like their older stuff and would prob be sad they didn't play more of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super adorable in that last photo. Concerts always scare me a bit -in photos they are like a galaxy to me. I haven't been to a large concert, let alone a small one, in years!

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)