Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Weekend of the Strawberry Necklace

Hello Again!

Do any of you own an accessory or piece of clothing that serves as a "lucky charm" or an instant mood booster? I know I do, it's my strawberry necklace. I wore this necklace most of last weekend, and what a great weekend it was!

I first introduced the srtrawberry necklace to my blog last year, when I wrote a post about the Flaming Lips concert.

The weekend started a bit early for me. I had lunch with Aron at Newks, and took the opportunity to don my fave aqua stripe shirt and the necklace :)



Top: Walmart
Cardigan: Mossimo
Skirt: Torrid
Sunglasses: Target
Bag: Betseyville
Necklace: eBay

Later that evening, we met up with Becca and John for Mexican food. It was yummmm and the margaritas were super smooth! We had a great time, and ended up staying until closing.




I spent Saturday with Tracy and Steph for a much needed Girls Day Out. Here's what I wore:



Top: Ross for $4!
Skirt: Torrid
Hair Flower: Lola's Lovelies (haven't listed these yet, coming soon!)
Necklace: eBay

We met up at Tracy's house, where she had cupcakes and goodie baskets waiting for us! How thoughtful and cool is that?


 The mini cupcakes were frickin amazing!
The goodie basket was full of candy, nail polishes, makeup, and more!

We chatted for a while, then headed out to the Up and Down Closet in Hendersonville. It is a consignment shop specializing in ladies plus size clothing. I found a couple of cute things, which I will be sure to blog about soon!
 I asked the saleslady to take our pic. I guess we weren't ready :)
So, I took one of us outside. Where is half of Stephs head? And why is that creepy mannequin staring at us?


After shopping, we headed over to a local restaurant called Black Eyed Peas, and ate some yummy, Southern style fare. And we talked a bunch, of course. Can I tell you how lucky I am to know both of these wonderful women? No drama, no bs, just real friendships-and that is a blessing for me.

After dinner, we headed back to Tracy's for some cocktails & crafting. We also watched "The Help", which was amazing and made me bawl my eyes out.

Sunday I spent with Aron looking for a car. We headed up to the Nissan dealership in Nashville, and low and behold, he found one! Generally, we wouldn't invest in a large vehicle, but we need it for our conventions.

Bye Bye Vue
Hello Pathfinder!

This was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time.
 
 
Well, it looks like Spring has come early this year. Though I know it will make for a hellacious Summer, it I'm loving it. Winter 2011/2012 was not the best time in my life, and I am happy to see it go. Onto the better days :)
 
 
Have a great Thursday!
Adrienne

3 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo great for you! I like your necklace it's very cute. Having fun with all the girls too. I need to make time for my other girly friends, I'm dragging a friend from work to stitching with me on Saturday. Hopefully her kid is feeling better and she can make it! I haven't seen Becca or John in months!
    Love the new car.
    The pic with the mannequin staring at you is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that necklace is so cute!!!!! I love both of your outfits, and your weekend looks amazing. I'm slightly jealous, I worked all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh I love the strawberry necklace! It goes with both your super lovely outfits! and gollies, it looks like you had a blast of a weekend!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)