April 29: Fitness and Fashion
1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why?
I was working out at the gym regularly, but my gimp knee put a stop to that nonsense. Seriously, I will be working out again in the next few weeks. I mainly exercise for my health, since I have high blood pressure. Working out makes me look and feel better, regardless of what size I am.
2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image?
Working out and becoming physically stronger has helped me love myself just a little more :)
3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion?
At this point, it is all about functionality, especially if I am hitting the gym at 6am.
4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness?
Definitely, and this annoys me a bit. You don't have to join a gym to be healthy. Walking every day, or being active in general, are great steps towards fitness as well.
5. Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal.
To fit back into a size 16 :)
For more on FBFF, visit Modly Chic!