Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013 Fashion

Hello Again!

How may of you watched the Oscars last night, or at least the red carpet fashion show? Honestly, I wasn't overly excited about many of the dresses. Perhaps I was craving more dramatic looks for such a big night. But, there was still some truly gorgeous fashion to be seen.

I noticed a soft, ethereal theme to many of the night's dresses.
1) Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
2) Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji
3) Amy Adams in Oscar de La Renta
4) Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive
 
A few stars chose a stronger color palette. Adele chose her (and my) favorite color...black.
1) Kerry Washington in Miu Miu
2) Adele in Jenny Packham
3) Jennifer Garner in Gucci
4) Jennifer Aniston in Valentino
 
Here are a few of my least favorite looks. I don't truly hate any of these dresses, they just aren't my jam. Melissa McCarthy's gown has to be my least favorite look. She is such a beautiful and talented woman, and I wish she would dress the hell out of those curves.
1) Melissa McCarthy in David Meister Signature
2) Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille Couture
3) Olivia Munn in Marchesa
4) Catherine Zeta Jones in Zuhair Murad
 
How did you feel about the looks last night?
 
Adrienne

11 comments:

  1. The fashion was so tame this year and there was really nothing I got excited about :(

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fashion didn't wow me this year. I did like Reese Witherspoon's dress, and hated Kristen Stewart's whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I actually missed these last night (was sick in bed watching cartoons instead!) Thanks for the round up, I always like seeing the pretty dresses :)
    Hope you're having a great start to your week!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about Melissa McCarthy. Her hair really bothered me and she dresses really unflattering for her shape....Frankly, I think her TV character dresses better than she does. I still love her though like a WHOLE lot and am hopeful it will come together next time. Jennifer Garner looked completely stunning and I actually kinda liked Zoe Saldana's look (at least the top part.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought a lot of them were really blah. I wish more women had worn color. Though I will say that Jessica Chastain was probably my favorite of the night and she was in pale copper. So perfect though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see many of the dresses myself. I actually quite love the first row!

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails
    enter to win a custom made dog or cat collar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the recap....I was competing ballroom so I didn't get to see the Oscars!
    I LOVE Octavia Spencers dress; Jennifer Aniston's is pretty too. I hate missing the Oscar dresses...the only reason I watch the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree about melissa mccarthy. you know she gets tons of crap about her size anyway, and i haven't seen a great dress on her yet. she is a hot star! you know someone would make her something gorgeous! come on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't have a chance to watch the Oscars this year - I've been so swamped with work than any time off is devoted to sleeping, eating, showering, or spending time with the mr.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find that I'm invariably disappointed by Oscars fashion - its the biggest night of the year but most stars play it so safe out of fear of making the worst dressed list. I did love Kerry Washington's dress - she took a risk, and it paid off in a major way. Amy Adams' gown was lovely, too; I never think of her as much of a fashionista, but she definitely outdid herself this year!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)