Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fashion Inspiration: Jessa

Hello Again!

How many of y'all are fans of the HBO series Girls? I'd heard great things about the show, but put off actually watching it. I wasn't up for devoting all my time to yet another rad television experience (thanks Downton Abbey!) But, my husband caught a glimpse of the preview and said I needed to give Girls look. I sat down one afternoon last Fall with every intention of watching just one episode. Five hours later, and I'd completed all of Season 1.

Girls is smart, funny, and painfully real. It takes me right back to my awkward, yet (somewhat) wild, youth. The show follows a group of friends- Hannah, Marnie, Shoshanna, and Jessa-living out their 20s in Brooklyn. Hannah is played by Lena Dunham, who is also one of the brilliant writer/director/producers of the show. Though I personally relate more to the offbeat Hannah, the character I wish I was in my 20s is Jessa.

Jessa is the bohemian, free spirit, femme fatale character, and is played by the gorgeous actress Jemima Kirke. She is more than just a tad flaky.....and fabulous. With Season 2 of Girls premiering this Sunday (YAY!!!), I thought I'd put together a sort of Jessa inspired lookbook.
Photobucket
Jessa




My fave look of the the three is the center. This feathery style is insanely over the top, but Jessa owns it. In this episode, the ladies attend a warehouse party, where Shoshanna proceeds to accidentally smoke crack. (How does one do that?) Shoshanna begins to panic and Jessa calms her down, stating she will be her "crack spirit guide". Being Jessa, she doesn't keep that promise!


I leave you with the Season 2 Trailer. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Have a good one!
Adrienne

11 comments:

  1. I have only seen a couple episodes of Girls, but I like it a lot. I have them all on DVR and hopefully I will get around to watching them before the premiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Girls - I'm so hooked on that show. Can't wait for the premiere. And the lookbook you pulled together is so Jessa.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The entire black feathered look is fantastic! I've only seen a few of The Girls ... I may go to view more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen this, but I think I listened to a radio interview of it. I do want to see it though, after seeing the trailer! AND that look with the feather "shrug" is GORGEOUS!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrienne, the middle dress with the feathers and strands of necklaces is really divine and dramatic. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched Girls - I`m so, so far behind on TV it`s almost silly - but I`ve heard so many good things that it`s definitely on my list... especially for the offbeat fashion!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. i havent seen this show yet but this post is great!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've actually never seen this show, though I've heard endless banter about it. Thanks so much for your honest input on my post. It helps!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am CRAZY about that middle outfit in your dresspiration panel there. OH, THE FEATHERS. I have heard so many good things about this show; this post makes me want to see it even more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)