Friday, March 8, 2013

Spa Day

Hello Again!

A few weeks ago, I hosted a spa day at my home for a few of my girlfriends. I wanted to squeeze in a nice girls day before convention season begins.

I made little spa baskets for everyone.
Many of the items in the spa basket I found at the Dollar Tree! Seriously, if you visit a good Dollar Tree, you can come home with some rad finds.
 
The baskets contained a pedi set, face mask, washcloth, lip balm, and a jar for our Pinterest project. I also made everyone little mini martini candles. They didn't turn out quite right; the candle wax frosted in the glass, making for an uneven look. It was my first candle experiment, so we'll see how it goes next time.  
I also had little mani/pedi and facial stations.
Our last several get togethers have had a DIY Pinterest project theme, so I decided we'd do a simple lemon sugar scrub. It was beyond easy, check out the recipe here.

After we made our body scrubs, we had a light lunch and proceeded to pamper ourselves. Manis, face masks, and good conversation made for a nice afternoon.
Becca making her sugar scrub, Steph's face mask print, Tracy's rad nail stencil, me on an exfoliating mission.
Tracy, Steph, Kelly, and me getting our mani on. By the way, Steph has the most amazing collection of polish and nail goodies. I wish I had snapped a picture!

Thanks for stopping by!
Adrienne

7 comments:

  1. I had so much fun. Thanks for inviting me. The scrub is awesome, and dare I say tastes good to..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea nd looks like a ton of fun - what a cute girly idea. I'd love to do this for my friends bachelorette party

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super fun. Pampering parties are the best. Walgreens is another place to get really fun cheap facial masks. And good god, I always spend too much in the Michael's discount bins...they often have some amazing little gift items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a wonderful girls afternoon - and your pretty girls' day baskets have me nostalgic for dollar stores, we don't have anything like them in Paris and when you find a good one, you can find awesome stuff!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love girly days! Those packs look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it’s better to just do this at someone’s home: it’s more intimate, and you get to do whatever you want! Happy times!

    Gregoria Gorham

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...