Monday, March 4, 2013

Chocolate Mint Cookie Goodness

Hello Again!

I had a fab time at a Valentine's Cookie Exchange a few weeks ago, and I wanted to share this recipe I made. These cookies turned out fairly well, which is saying quite a bit. See, most of my baking experiments taste like burned vitamins. So the fact that these were even edible says a lot about this recipe!

I love wasting time on Pinterest, so it figures that is where I found the recipe. Here is a link to the original source; it looks like this blogger has a thing for baking!
Lets start with your ingredients. You will need:

-1 chocolate cake mix
-8 tablespoons of butter, melted
-1 egg
-1 teaspoon of vanilla
-4 oz cream cheese
-1 1/2 Cups of Cool Mint Oreo cookie chunks
-1/2 cups of crushed Andes Mints (or chocolate and mint baking chips)

1) Start by blending together your butter, egg, cream cheese, and vanilla. The recipe states to"whisk" together, but even with softened cream cheese, I needed the muscle of my little hand mixer.
2) Add half the cake mix and mix until somewhat smooth. Then add the remainder of the cake mix and the chunks of Oreo Mint Cookies. 
3) Stir in the Andes chunks by hand. The recipe calls for chocolate and mint baking chips, but I couldn't locate those, nor crushed Andes Mints at my local store. So, I crushed these bad boys myself. 
4) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes (yes, this odd number was the perfect amount of baking time). Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then move them to baking racks to finishing cooling. Makes about 36 cookies.
I made these cookies first for Tracy's birthday jam, and they turned out much prettier.I think it was because I tripled this recipe because I needed a ton for the party. They still tasted pretty yummy :)

 I've recently started the DASH diet to try and control my hypertension, so cookies and the such will be off limits the majority of the time. Maybe I will actually share some healthier recipes in the future!

Thanks for stopping by!
Adrienne 

5 comments:

  1. I had one last night! So good! Let me share this amazing healthy cookie recipe with you. I had like ten different people try them (including Tracy so you can get the real scoop), so they couldn't all have been lying that they were good.

    Combine two ripe medium bananas and a cup of quick oats. Add nuts, chocolate, or whatever you want extra. (I did pecans and mini chocolate chips) Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Tada!!! Banana cookies. :) I'm going to try subbing the banana with pumpkin puree and adding pumpkin spice.

    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/healthy-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually like mint chocolate, but I do love Andes mints! AND in cookies? that has to be delish!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...you are so bad for showing these to me! They look so yummy. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, these look AMAZING!
    www.poolovesboo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)