Monday, January 28, 2013

Ipsy vs Birchbox: January Sub Box Review

 Hello Again!

It's time for another sub box review! I mean to post these monthly, but generally forget until the month has passed me by.

Ipsy and Birchbox  give you the chance to try out some rad new beauty products for a fee of $10 a month. I've subscribed to both for several months now, and am generally pretty excited about the goodies I receive.

Here are the contents of this months' Ipsy bag:
Photobucket
Photobucket

1)Nailtini Nail Lacquer-This is a gorgeous, rich red nail color. I will be doing a retro manicure with this color in the near future!
2)Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil-I am an Argan oil junkie. My dyed and fried hair needs it so! I've used several different formulas, and this is definitely one of the best. It can also be used as a skin moisturizer!
3)Big Sexy Hair Play and Spray Volumizing Hairspray-I haven't played around with this yet, but it sounds promising.
4)Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter-The best body butter, ever. It smells divine, and is rich enough to soothe my Winter chapped hands.
5)Soho Concealer Brush-The perfect brush for concealer, or filling in eyebrows.
I was thrilled with this months' Ipsy box. The body butter and Argan oil alone were worth the $10 monthly fee! I like the variety of products, and Ipsy's tendency to give full size products in their bag.
In my previous Ipsy vs. Birchbox post, I stated I would be cancelling my Birchbox in the near future. Not because Birchbox isn't fabulous in it's own right, but because it wasn't the right fit for me. Well, I am a bit of a procrastinator, so the cancellation hasn't happened as of yet. Here are the contents of my Birchbox:

Photobucket
Photobucket
1)Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum-I haven't gotten around to trying this serum, but it sounds amazing!l
2)Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè-A rich cream that doubles as a makeup remover.
3)Aerie Shimmer Fragrance-A light, lovely scent.
4)Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner-A fab, felt tip, liquid eyeliner. I might purchase a full size one in the future, since it has great staying power.
5) LÄRABAR® über-A yummy, salty-sweet energy bar.

I do like Birchbox's selection of high end beauty products. These are items I have heard of, but generally wouldn't try because of the cost. It feels good to give them a whirl!

Overall, I am more of an Ipsy girl, but am still hesitant to cancel Birchbox. Decisions, decisions....

Have a good one!
Adrienne

13 comments:

  1. The Ipsy box looks a lot more fun to me. I haven't done any subscription boxes, but I should try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comparison is cool, Adreienne and I must say Birchbox looks skimpy. And really? A !.75 health/snack bar as item 5? Um I think you have me sold on Ipsy (good looking full sized products!) and I would cancel BB in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice items! The Ipsy box looks really good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanna check out ipsy. It seems like you get more bang for your buck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot about those larabars....that flavor looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo I really like the Ipsy Box! That looks well worth the $10. I cancelled my Birchbox subscription a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. January was my first Ipsy experience, and I am super duper pleased. I see a lot of people love Birchbox, but I think, for the cost, it's just a little too expensive for me especially for tiny sample sizes!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Ipsy before but I've heard of Birchbox. The Ipsy selection seems great, kind of jealous about the concealer brush as I really need one! xx

    Almost Delightful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birchbox is such a cool idea. And I think you've just helped me decide what color to paint my nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I totally didn't finish my first sentence in that comment. ^^ What I meant to say was: Birchbox is such a cool idea, but Ipsy seems way better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm surprised I haven't heard of Ipsy box, especially since the contents looks so fabulous - that's one of the best selections I've ever seen from one of these boxes. Although Birchbox does get points for including Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre - there's nothing better as far as moisturisers are concerned!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're making me feel much, much better about choosing Ipsy over Birchbox. I know Birchbox has a reputation for being the best one, but I'm not impressed but it. When I opened by Ipsy bag and saw the Argan oil, it felt like Christmas!

    <3 jen @ librarian tells all

    ReplyDelete
  13. Macys Beauty Box

    Macys beauty box is one of the finest deals online for beauty boxes. Macy's have a huge a collection of branded beauty products that..

    to get more - https://blog.avanearbysalon.com/macys-beauty-box/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)