Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My July Birchbox

Hello Again!

Yes, I am a bit late with this subscription box review, since it is now August.

How many of you ladies subscribe to Birchbox's monthly beauty box? I started receiving mine back in May. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with my first two boxes. The choices were interesting, but some of the items seemed a bit random to me (blue glitter eyeliner anyone?).

I decided to give the monthly subscription one more go, and I am glad that I did! Here is what I received:
Birchbox partnered with Glamour magazine this time around. The theme for July was our five senses, and using them to fully experience Summer.
 I received:
1) Larabar Uber Nut Roll.-I found this roll to be super yummy and filling.
2) Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint-I tried a bit on my skin, I like the clean feeling and light coverage.
3)Oscar De La Renta Live in Love perfume sample-Not really my kind of scent, but not bad.
4) Bamboo UV Fade Proof Fluid-I can't wait to try this on my ever-fading red hair.
5)A pair of Glamour ear buds-Very cute and useful.
 6) I also received this Stila lip glaze that I forgot to include in the pic. It is a great neutral color!

In my opinion, I feel like Birchbox is a good deal for the $10 monthly subscription fee. You receive quality, name brand products (occasionally they are even full size). Overall, I am happy with this Birchbox and will continue on with my subscription. For you Birchbox subscribers, how do you like the boxes thus far? Does anyone subscribe to Glossybox?

Adrienne

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun box - I like the earbuds. I had to cancel pretty much all of my subscription boxes to save for my wedding (except Julep anyway!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Birchbox. I was tempted by Glossybox but took the time to full consider and realised how many half-used sample products I have... so even though the price is low, it didn't seem like a sound investment. Still, every time I read one of these posts I get tempted to subscribe! I've always been a sucker for a surprise box :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten any subscriptions to any of those boxes because I don't want to be disappointed :) Haha, I know, what an optimist, huh? I'm glad that you got a good box this time, Adrienne!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad at all, definitely a better box!

    dpx


    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)