Monday, August 27, 2012

Keeping It Real

Inspired by the daunting task of preparing to vend at DragonCon, I wanted to share a typical day in the life of Adrienne.

While I like to share cute fashion nuggets and jammin' good times with my readers, my everyday life is a bit less glamorous. I spend a good 10-12 hours a day working on our businesses, Twisted Heroes & Lola-Rocks Clothing. I work hard, but I love what I do. Here is a rundown of a typical day.

I wake up early and walk a mile or two with Aron. If we are lucky, we spot one of these little guys on our excursion.
I come home and tidy up a bit, and see Aron off to work. Then I have a glass of this nectar and some toast. I am officially addicted to caffeine. Bleh.
Since eBay requires their top rated sellers to ship next day, I spend the first half of my day shipping eBay orders, as well as Amazon and website.
Shipping isn't fun, but it's not like we could train the cats to do it. Or could we?
Nevermind.

This is the look I rock most days. I slap on a bit of beauty balm, powder, and lipgloss. Oh yea, and my glasses that I have to wear ALL the time now.
After I'm done with shipping, I spend the rest of the afternoon on the computer, listing items on eBay and our websites, or sorting clothing and books.
Sometimes you run a across a comic that just makes your day...
I mean, it doesn't get much better than this. I Instagramed it and everything :)

That is about it for a typical workday. When you are preparing to vend at comic conventions, things are anything but typical.

There's much book sorting...
...and husbands setting up mock booths in the garage. Oi vey.
I hope you enjoyed this "day in the life" post. Have a good one!

Adrienne

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Looks like a lot of fun and very interesting. Let's take a lunch break next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have yourself into a great routine that allows your business to really flourish - good for you! Although it's a shame you haven't trained the cats to do the shipping ;)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable with glasses! Love the natural look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice! my husband has been selling stuff on ebay for a few months and loves it! have fun at dragon con! i have always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. isnt starbucks the best! and look at that cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)