Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dressbarn Blogger Event

Hello Again,

I was super excited to attend the Dressbarn Grand Opening Party Blogger Event last week. Not only did I score some great clothing, I had the opportunity to meet some fab local bloggers!

I met up with my friend Steph to do a little pre-event shopping. She also was kind enough to snap a photo of me in front of Dressbarn.

Steph and I say cheeessseeee
Some local vintage bloggers attended, and it was super cool to meet them: Lisa of My Pretty Baby Cried She Was a Bird, Jamie of Owl Really, Rae of Say it Ain't So, and Kelly of  Ranch Dressing with Eartha Kitsch. If you haven't checked out their blogs, please do so, they are all amazing.

My friend Michelle and her daughter Sienna also attended, and found some great dresses!
The event took place at Opry Mills mall in Nashville. Opry Mills was all but destroyed by the 2010 flood, and recently reopened for business a few months ago. Dressbarn received quite an impressive makeover! I wish I had taken better/more photographs.
Here are some pretty floral dresses in their plus size section.

I was worried that the clothing would be a bit matronly, but they have some really cute styles! There were many retro inspired dresses that I loved. My favorite dress is this beauty here. It looked questionable on the rack, but once I tried it one, I fell in love!
I call it my Tiki Luau dress. Aren't the dressing rooms chic?

Rae was also fond of the dress! It looked so cute on her.
Here are some cool dresses my friends scored:

Steph found this lovely frock.
Michelle found this one, so fab for Summer!

Here is a clearer photo of my outfit for the night, taken by my ever-patient husband.
 Forever 21 + dress, Clutch & Shoes from TJ Maxx.
Here is a bonus nugget for y'all: a 20% off in store coupon! Also, I will be hosting a Dressbarn giftcard giveaway in the very near future, so stay tuned :) In the meantime, check out Lisa's Dressbarn Giveaway on her blog.

It was a great night, and I will definitely stop by Dressbarn in the future!
Adrienne

16 comments:

  1. It was good to meet you ladies! I hate that I never got a chance to say hello to Michelle and Sienna. I love your purse. I was checking that out at the event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cute I like the dress you wore there too. I have the same problem as my Mom with the name but when we go in they do have some cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dresses!! I love the dress you wore to the event - polka dots are so fantastical. Great pictures - this looks like a fun event!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun event & how great to be able to meet some fellow blogging lovelies too!! I'm loving the dress you wore, that belt is so pretty with it... and the dress that you tried on is seriously - cute!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dressing rooms, they certainly beat the ones where the curtain barely covers the entrance! Your polka dot dress is lovely, I have one too but it shrank in the wash :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! And I just adore your polka dot dress, it's so cute!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH. I love that tiki luau dress, Adrienne!!!!! It's soooo cute and summery!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such nice dresses! Looks like a fun event. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the cutest polka dot dress Adrienne - and I love how you styled it with the yellow belt. You look great! Greetings from Atlanta. Also, I'm hosting a giveaway - a cute pair of silver earrings. Check it out here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like so much fun!
    And I love each & every dress - great prints & nice cuts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to attend something like this! You look adorable in the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adrienne! Thanks for swinging by my blog. :) Polka dots are so much fun, right?! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. it was fun to meet you too! i love that polka dot dress! i haven't worn my tiki dress out yet, but i hope i get to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the outfit you wore you look great :) And all those pretty dresses look so lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)