Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vegas Day 2: Desert Fashion in The Valley of Fire

I am back to share Day 2 of our Vegas trip with you.The majority if this day was spent about 50 miles outside of Vegas, in the Valley of Fire State Park. Yep, I am going to be the obnoxious person showing you a gazillion vacation photos, so prepare yourself!

Even though I knew we would be hiking through the desert, I still wanted to play with my Sephora goodies the purchased the previous day. Hey, I was feeling glam :)

 Fresh Soy Face Cream, Sephora Brush, Tarte Lip Stain, Kat Von D Ludwig Eyeshadow Palette
 I generally don't play around with eye shadow colors, but I loved the soft greens of the KVD palette.
We headed out to the Valley of Fire in the morning. Courtesy of the park's website, here is a quick summary of the location:

"Valley of Fire is Nevada's oldest and largest state park, dedicated 1935. The valley derives its name from the red sandstone formations and the stark beauty of the Mojave Desert. Ancient trees and early man are represented throughout the park by areas of petrified wood and 3,000 year-old Indian petroglyph. Popular activities include camping, hiking, picnicking and photography."


 Aron drove us out to the park :)

 We stopped at a large valley right before the park entrance. A nice family was snapping photos as well, and we took turns taking each others picture.
I gasped when I saw the red sandstone-the photos really don't do it justice!

Here are some photos of us in the "honeycomb" formations.




The petroglyphs blew my mind. I love imagining what these images really mean, what stories they are trying to tell....





After the Valley of Fire, I subjected poor Aron to the mall ( I was searching for brown tights to no avail). Afterwards, we headed back to the room to freshen up before dinner.


I tried to get a cute pic of my outfit, but the indoor lighting was a nightmare. Wearing a shrug, Tripp dress, and a Perlina forest green clutch. I really need a decent camera. Sigh....

We walked over to the Venetian for dinner at Bouchon. I can't really say enough good things about this restaurant. Aron's brother recommended it to us when we were on our honeymoon 3 years ago. I was worried about the "snooty" factor, but I always feel very at ease at Bouchon. 5 stars all the way. I am part French, so I love cheese very,very much. And there steak and fries is out of control.

I made Aron take a photo of the cheese.

Here are some rad Winter Wonderland nuggets outside of the Venetian.




 Thank you for reading this photo obnoxious post!

Adrienne

10 comments:

  1. awesome trip and awesome make up as well! Sorry to post here not often, I'm stuck to read you in twitter and look through the post there as well

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome trip. I would like to go there one day if just for the National Parks and skip the rest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the Valley of Fire looks amazing! I must add it to my list of places to go to! :) Thanks! I hope you found your brown tights! Have a lovely weekend! :) Zoë x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try the Ludwig Palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your trip looks fabulous....and I'm a fellow Tennessean! :)

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I really want to go to Vegas...and get that eye palette because those pale green shades look amazing on you. Seriously, your eyes look gorgeous!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for fun pictures!! I love that tarte lip stain. Which one is that? I have "hope" and it's definitely a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved seeing these nature pics! That desert looks so so familiar but then the honeycomb formations so different and those petroglyphs are really impressive- they look so well preserved after all this time! Looks like a great trip!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair is so pretty! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com./

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read every one! If you have a moment, follow my blog as well :)