Thursday, April 28, 2011
1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why?
I was working out at the gym regularly, but my gimp knee put a stop to that nonsense. Seriously, I will be working out again in the next few weeks. I mainly exercise for my health, since I have high blood pressure. Working out makes me look and feel better, regardless of what size I am.
2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image?
Working out and becoming physically stronger has helped me love myself just a little more :)
3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion?
At this point, it is all about functionality, especially if I am hitting the gym at 6am.
4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness?
Definitely, and this annoys me a bit. You don't have to join a gym to be healthy. Walking every day, or being active in general, are great steps towards fitness as well.
5. Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal.
To fit back into a size 16 :)
For more on FBFF, visit Modly Chic!
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
What I like most about these pieces is the simplicity. I can go classic to retro to (slightly) edgy with different accessories. I also love cute, knee length, knit dresses for Summer. Can you tell I am ready for the warm weather?
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Aron and I went to the Needle Art Expo last Sunday, before the knee carnage occurred. I wasn't planning on getting my Prison Commie Star tattoo on my wrist touched up, but I did. Why the name for my tattoo? Well, a few years ago I went into (very reputable) tattoo shop in Florida asking for a bright pink star. I ended up with a faded, red piece of prison tattoo work on my wrist. Yea buddy.
Here is a quick pic Aron snapped of me getting the tattoo retouched. It is crusty and healing right now, so I will spare you the photos.
We ran into the guys at Outer Limits comics and Aron snagged some good stuff. One guy had some amazing tattoos. They are artwork from The Walking Dead graphic novels.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
Friday, April 22, 2011
1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion
Christina Hendricks & Dita Von Teese. I love their retro, feminine style.
2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you?
Reading fabulous fashion blogs!
3. How do you hope to inspire your readers?
I hope to inspire my readers with my day to day outfit posts, and to show that you can look stylish at any size :)
4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you?
Nature, especially the ocean. I miss it terribly since our move to Tennessee.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Leopard Chair by St. Croix
Friday, April 15, 2011
1. When it comes to me personally – I owe a lot of who I am to:
My mom. She was a strong single mother who raised me to be a unique, independent woman. She taught me it was OK to me who I truly am, to be an individual. For this, I am eternally grateful. Not to mention she is my best friend :)
2. When it comes to me professionally – I owe a lot of who I am to:My sweet husband, Aron. Why you might ask? Well, we was the one who inspired me to be an entrepreneur. I started by listing a few things on eBay back in 2006, then moved to an eBay store, website, and now run his eBay and website full time as well. I am grateful to him, always, for showing me that life doesn't have to exist inside a cubicle.
3. When it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough spots:
I'm not sure if they are aware how much they helped me, but it is V from Grit and Glamour and Kirstin from Kirstin Marie. V's "What V Wore" posts are so inspiring-very high fashion but somehow accessible. She has laid out the Dos and Don'ts of blogging for newbies such as myself, and that information has proved invaluable! Kirstin is a very open hearted blogger. She is always encouraging and kind, and I am truly grateful for that. Her outfit and slice of life posts are consistently inspiring and gorgeous.
Also...I somehow frgot to mention the lady that inspired me to blog in the first place-Cristal "Pinky" Hobbs. She is a fabulous friend and an amazing blogger.
4. One blogging challenge I’m grateful happened because it made me stronger was…
Fashion Beauty Friend Friday! I love meeting all of my fellow fashion bloggers through this group. Also, I am grateful because this group has inspired me to become more regimented in my daily blogging.
5. To my readers, I’d like to say…
Wow, you are still here? Hee heee. I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means so much that you take the time from your daily grind to read and comment on my silly posts. It means so much :)
For more info on Fashion Beauty Friend Friday, visit Modly Chic
Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!
Pssstttt... I will be posting a new giveaway this weekend....
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
If you haven't checked out Kirstin's blog, do so, she is fabulous!
Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
Monday, April 11, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Moschino Cheap & Chic
I am personally looking forward to the bold color and retro femme styles the most :)
For more information on Fashion Beauty Friend Friday, head over to ModlyChic
Hope you have a fabulous Friday!
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Torrid Polka Dot Top
Betseyville Strawberry Fields Bag via eBay (I hope the seller sends this one soon!)
So, there are my confessions. Hope you have a fabulous day!