2011, I wish I could say I hate to see you go, but....well, yea. I don't.
2011 hasn't been the best year in the world for me, but it definitely hasn't been the worse. Had a couple of health issues, some disappointments, and so on....but that's life, eh? I must say I am really looking forward to what 2012 has in store. Besides that pesky apocalypse.
I have a few New Year's Suggestions for myself. Yes, I will deem them Suggestions because the minute I declare them Resolutions, the procrastination will begin :) This is a mix of personal, blog, and business ideas :)
1) Live more in the moment I am a constant worrier, planner, doer. I rarely take the time to stop and smell the proverbial roses. Or real, live roses for that matter. What is the point in success if you haven't enjoyed the journey?
2) Stop looking to others for happiness I have been guilty of this for a good portion of my life. Yes, much of life's joys come from spending time with friends and loved ones, but you have to find the joy within before you can truly be happy and at peace.
3) Learn to sew/do more crafty things My friend Tracy said she would teach me to sew, and I might have to take her up on that. My Mom, Grandmother, and Great-Grandmother were all excellent sewers. In fact, they made most of their own clothing. You would think that the sewing knowledge would be passed down via DNA, but no. My Mom tried to teach me to sew when I was a teenager, but I remember being intimidated by the machine and the patterns. Now, I hand sewed/reworked several garments in my youth, but I know a machine is the way to go for most things.
Also, I am determined to be a more crafty individual; hand making gifts instead of buying retail, and so on. I updated my blog a bit, and now have a DIY and Recipes tab under my header. Wheeee!
4) Speaking of blogs, I have a goal to spend more time blogging and reading other blogs. Blogging is something I enjoy immensely, so it makes more sense to spend time doing what I love.
5) Last but not least, improve my health. I do not mean this in an anti-plus size way. Even if I lose 40 pounds I will technically be plus sized. I am mainly looking to improve my health, and get off the high blood pressure medicine I currently have to take. I know that means exercise and eating a better quality food, and less of it. Drat.
I didn't feel up to a fashion recap, but I have added a tab called "Fashion Nuggets" under my header that highlights my favorite 2011 fashion jams :)
So these are my resolutions, errrr suggestions. What are yours?
Our kitty Sebastian says Happy New Year's Eve! And so do I :) Have a happy and safe one. Check back with me on the 2nd for a rad giveaway! There is some Hello Kitty involved, just sayin' :)